Quick Take: ‘Infinity War’ Breaks Marvel’s China Box-Office Record
Superhero blockbuster “Avengers: Infinity War” became the most successful Marvel movie in China on Wednesday.
The Disney and Marvel title has made 1.49 billion yuan ($234.1 million) at the box office since its release Friday, surpassing the 1.46-billion-yuan record set by “Avengers: Age of Ultron” in 2015, according to box office tracker Maoyan.
The result is so far less than half of the total $552 million the movie has raked in in North America, where the movie was released two weeks earlier on April 27. However China’s film market has just experienced a strong quarter, with revenue reaching 20 billion yuan and surpassing North America in quarterly box office revenue for the first time.
- 1China’s Moon Explorer Posts Photo of Sprouting Cotton Plant
- 2Huawei Canada Exec Quits as Scandal Continues to Embroil Company
- 3Luckin Coffee Reportedly Seeks IPO in Hong Kong
- 4Bank of China to Test Waters for Perpetual Bonds
- 5Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Smartphone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas