No Ceasefire in China’s Mobile Payment Subsidy War
A subsidy war in China's mobile payment market between Tencent Holdings and Alibaba Group is set to continue, Tencent's president said after the company reported a better-than-expected 61% jump in quarterly net profit.
Asia's second-most valuable listed company said Wednesday that net profit for the first quarter was 23.3 billion yuan ($3.7 billion), beating the average analyst’s estimate of 17.5 billion yuan.
- 1China’s Moon Explorer Posts Photo of Sprouting Cotton Plant
- 2Huawei Canada Exec Quits as Scandal Continues to Embroil Company
- 3Luckin Coffee Reportedly Seeks IPO in Hong Kong
- 4Bank of China to Test Waters for Perpetual Bonds
- 5Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Smartphone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas