Alibaba Takes Magic Carpet Ride to Pakistan
E-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. has moved into Pakistan with its purchase of a leading local online seller, extending its South Asia footprint as it expands into other developing markets.
No financial terms were given for Alibaba’s purchase of Daraz Group, which was announced by the Pakistani’s parent Rocket Internet on Tuesday. In the deal, Alibaba will acquire Daraz’s entire share capital.
- 1China Mulls Ban on Transporting Coal, Ore, Steel by Truck
- 2Update: China Abruptly Ends Anti-Dumping Probe Against U.S. Sorghum
- 3Quick Take: Nigeria Awards $6.7 Billion Rail Project To China
- 4Carrefour Opens New Tech-Infused Grocery Store in Shanghai
- 5U.S., China Strike Trade Deal, Ending Threat of Protective Tariffs
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas