Ant Financial Ventures Into Pakistan Through Telenor Deal
Ant Financial Services Group, the internet finance affiliate of e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., has agreed to buy a 45% stake in Telenor Microfinance Bank (TMB), Pakistan’s largest mobile financial service provider.
Ant Financial and TMB’s Norwegian parent, Telenor Group, announced the “strategic partnership” on Tuesday. Ant Financial, the operator of China’s most popular online payment service, Alipay, will help TMB develop mobile payment and digital financial services in Pakistan.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas