Chart: China Overtakes U.S. in ‘Healthy Life Expectancy’
Though Americans born today can expect to live for a few years longer than their Chinese counterparts, China’s newborns will experience more “healthy” years, new data show.
The findings, from the World Health Organization (WHO), show that for the first time, China has overtaken the United States in healthy life expectancy at birth.
“Healthy life expectancy” is defined by years lived in good health or without illness.
- 1Exclusive: Fallen Chief of Bad-Asset Manager Had Tons of Cash — Literally
- 2 Opinion: Trump’s China ‘Poison Pill’ May Hit Australia
- 3Shenzhen Has Billion-Dollar Bailout Plan For Local Companies
- 4Spy Camera Discovery Creates Outrage at Apartment Leasing Specialist
- 5China's Stock Rout Puts $613 Billion of Share Pledges at Risk
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas