Trust Companies Scale Back Channeling Business
China’s trust industry is showing signs of a pullback from aggressive growth that relied mainly on unchecked “shadow banking” amid a regulatory crackdown on financial risk.
Data released by China’s banking and insurance regulator Wednesday showed that assets managed by the country’s 68 trust companies via the so-called “channeling business” totaled 14.97 trillion yuan ($2.34 trillion) by the end of April, a decline of 670 billion yuan, or 4.3%, from the end of last year.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas