Subsidies Slashed, Solar Subsidiary Sold
China’s largest supplier of polysilicon wafers — a key component of many electronics, including solar panels — has agreed to partially sell one of its major operations for up to 12.75 billion yuan ($1.99 billion), as solar-power subsidies are cut.
The sale of 51% of Jiangsu Zhongneng Polysilicon Technology Development Co. Ltd. to the Shanghai Electric Group, one of the country’s largest manufacturers of industrial equipment, will be completed half in cash and half in shares, GCL Poly Energy said in a filing to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on Wednesday.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas