Solar Subsidy Meltdown Spotlights How Beijing Gives, Takes Away
Make hay while the sun shines, and don’t store all your Chinese eggs in one basket. Those farmyard bits of wisdom are two of the biggest lessons coming from this week’s column, inspired by a reduction in Beijing’s generous solar power subsidies that came with little warning. The sudden change caught the industry napping and sent solar stocks plunging, spotlighting one of the biggest challenges facing both domestic and foreign firms doing business in China.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas