A burning sense of loss prompted Kang Zhengbao and his family to return to Shiyan in the central province of Hubei, even though it meant becoming homeless.
Kang’s family was evacuated from Shiyan’s Hanjia Island along with more than 100 other households as part of a government-sanctioned relocation program in early 2010 to make way for the construction of the South-North Water Diversion Project. The government said that the Hanjiang River, which surrounds Hanjia Island， would rise and cover the island.
- 1 Own Goal? China Company Faces Massive Customer Refund If France Wins World Cup
- 2HNA Unveils New Leadership Lineup After Death of Co-Chairman Wang
- 3Opinion: How Did China Leapfrog Everyone in E-Commerce?
- 4Debate Over China’s Fiscal Policy Heats Up as Growth Slows
- 5Luxury Brands Slash Price Tags in China
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas