Drug Dealer Set to Be Executed Despite Unresolved Questions
Update: The subject of this story, Huang Liping, was executed Friday night, according to a friend of her family.
A convicted drug dealer and her family are making last-ditch efforts to reverse her death sentence, arguing that the penalty is harsher than her accomplices received, even though she played a less important role in the crime.
The appeals court involved in the case has been accused of bending the rules in favor of certain defendants, a common problem in China’s legal system.
- 1 Own Goal? China Company Faces Massive Customer Refund If France Wins World Cup
- 2HNA Unveils New Leadership Lineup After Death of Co-Chairman Wang
- 3Opinion: How Did China Leapfrog Everyone in E-Commerce?
- 4Luxury Brands Slash Price Tags in China
- 5Debate Over China’s Fiscal Policy Heats Up as Growth Slows
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas