Local Officials Threaten Banks Reluctant to Keep Lending
Keep the loans coming or we’ll report you for corruption.
That’s what officials from the central Chinese city of Changde recently told local banks reluctant to continue lending to local government financing vehicles (LGFVs), Caixin has learned from multiple sources.
Specifically, the officials threatened that the Changde government would report information about alleged misconduct at the banks to the local anti-corruption watchdog, Caixin has learned.
- 1 Own Goal? China Company Faces Massive Customer Refund If France Wins World Cup
- 2HNA Unveils New Leadership Lineup After Death of Co-Chairman Wang
- 3Opinion: How Did China Leapfrog Everyone in E-Commerce?
- 4Luxury Brands Slash Price Tags in China
- 5Debate Over China’s Fiscal Policy Heats Up as Growth Slows
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas