Update: China Sets Yuan at 10-Month Low
* Central bank Governor Yi Gang says financial risks are under control, while Deputy Governor Pan Gongsheng said he believes the exchange rate will remain at a reasonable level
* Disappointing economic data, fears of trade war with U.S. have weighed on investor sentiment in past several weeks
(Beijing) — The central bank downplayed concerns over currency depreciation after setting the daily trading midpoint of the yuan at a new 10-month low against the dollar on Tuesday.
- 1 Own Goal? China Company Faces Massive Customer Refund If France Wins World Cup
- 2HNA Unveils New Leadership Lineup After Death of Co-Chairman Wang
- 3Opinion: How Did China Leapfrog Everyone in E-Commerce?
- 4Luxury Brands Slash Price Tags in China
- 5Debate Over China’s Fiscal Policy Heats Up as Growth Slows
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas