Biotech Firm BGI Denies Accusations of Property Development, Bribery
Genome sequencing company BGI Group said it has obtained land for health care projects “though normal means” and it will never develop commercial property — a response to accusations that it was snapping up real estate through deceit or bribery.
In an open letter addressed to the Jiangsu provincial government in late June, industry peer Nanjing Changjian Jiayu Health Management Co. Ltd. said that BGI’s Shenzhen-listed unit, BGI Genomics Co. Ltd. snapped up hundreds of acres of land as well as generous subsidies in Jiangsu cities that included Suzhou, Nanjing, Wuxi and Xuzhou.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas