Furongbao Investment by Guangdong Macro Collapses
A strategic investment in the online lending platform Furongbao fell through, leaving the Nanjing-based company to seek funding elsewhere amid extended central bank pressure and a wave of bad news in the peer-to-peer (P2P) lending industry.
Furongbao, also known as frbao.com, said July 6 that it obtained an investment from Guangdong Macro Co., a household appliances maker-turned financial investor. But Tuesday night Macro issued a statement denying any investment in Furongbao.
- 1 Own Goal? China Company Faces Massive Customer Refund If France Wins World Cup
- 2HNA Unveils New Leadership Lineup After Death of Co-Chairman Wang
- 3Opinion: How Did China Leapfrog Everyone in E-Commerce?
- 4Debate Over China’s Fiscal Policy Heats Up as Growth Slows
- 5Luxury Brands Slash Price Tags in China
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas