Famous Supplier at Center of Illegal Genetically Modified Corn Scandal
A company named after China’s “father of hybrid rice” supplied illegal genetically modified (GM) corn seeds to dealers in North China, resulting in their punishment for selling the unauthorized products, according to a newly released court document.
Some GM foods, such as corn and soybeans, are permitted for importation into China for use in animal feed. But commercial planting of such crops in the country, other than cotton and papaya, is banned.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas