Xiaomi Dials Up Pressure on Samsung
Newly listed Xiaomi Corp. has extended its assault on global smartphone leader Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. from India to the latter’s home turf by launching its first partnership with two of South Korea’s largest wireless carriers.
Xiaomi, the world’s fourth-largest smartphone brand, has been selling its phones in South Korea working with a local distributor, a company spokeswoman told Caixin. Those models have been available on e-commerce sites, malls and third-party smartphone retailers.
- 1Opinion: Sacrificing Half the World’s People Undercuts ‘The Wandering Earth’s’ Humanistic Message
- 2Two Large Chinese Borrowers Are Said to Miss Bond Payments
- 3China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 4Holiday Spending Bodes Poorly for China’s Economy This Year
- 5Indebted Chinese Investment Firm Turns to Thai Conglomerate for New Co-Chairman
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas