Xiaomi Cements Spot as India’s Top Smartphone Brand
IPO candidate Xiaomi Inc. consolidated its position as India’s leading smartphone brand in the first quarter of 2018, while the struggling Lenovo dropped out of the fast-growing market’s top-five vendor list for the first time in four years, according to data-tracking firm IDC.
Xiaomi boosted its share of the India smartphone market to 30.3% in the first three months of 2018, up more than 3 percentage points from the previous quarter when it ousted South Korea’s Samsung to take the market’s crown, IDC said on Monday. The Chinese company has held up India as one of its biggest overseas success stories as it prepares to make what will likely become the world’s biggest public listing by a high-tech company since Alibaba’s record $25 billion IPO in 2014.
- 1Exclusive: Fallen Chief of Bad-Asset Manager Had Tons of Cash — Literally
- 2 Opinion: Trump’s China ‘Poison Pill’ May Hit Australia
- 3Shenzhen Has Billion-Dollar Bailout Plan For Local Companies
- 4Spy Camera Discovery Creates Outrage at Apartment Leasing Specialist
- 5China's Stock Rout Puts $613 Billion of Share Pledges at Risk
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas