Alipay Fined for Payment Rule Breach
Alipay, China’s largest mobile payment provider, was fined 4.12 million yuan ($601,860) for a violation of payment rules, according to a regulatory filing Monday by the central bank’s Shanghai branch.
The penalty is part of a stepped-up central bank crackdown on misconduct in China’s multi-trillion dollar online payment market involving hefty fines on violators. The campaign is part of the country’s broader battle against financial risks.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas