China’s Not Done Cleaning House at Insurance Regulator
The discipline inspection department of China’s insurance watchdog has been investigating nearly 40 insurance regulators since mid-July, fueling speculation that officials close to the former head of the insurance regulator are being targeted.
The investigations indicate that Beijing is making a renewed push to bring insurance regulatory officials, particularly those below the national level, to account after a government reorganization interrupted a probe into officials connected to the country’s former top insurance official.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas