Top Actor in Spotlight Over Trading Account Used for Stock Manipulation
Huang Xiaoming, half of China’s top celebrity power couple, has been caught up in a scandal over stock manipulation, the latest star to hit the headlines for the wrong reasons.
Although there is no evidence that Huang was involved in the pump-and-dump scheme revealed by the stock market regulator in July, it has emerged that one of the 16 accounts used to trade and manipulate prices belonged to him. The news has lit up the gossip pages of the internet and once again put the spotlight on the financial activities and wealth of the country’s celebrities.
- 1Opinion: Sacrificing Half the World’s People Undercuts ‘The Wandering Earth’s’ Humanistic Message
- 2Two Large Chinese Borrowers Are Said to Miss Bond Payments
- 3China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 4Holiday Spending Bodes Poorly for China’s Economy This Year
- 5Indebted Chinese Investment Firm Turns to Thai Conglomerate for New Co-Chairman
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas