Mahathir Says China-Backed Projects ‘Canceled for Now’: Malaysian Media
Malaysia’s Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad said the multibillion-dollar rail link and pipeline projects backed by Chinese government cash have been “cancelled for now,” according to the country’s national news agency, Bernama.
Mahathir said the projects involve huge amounts of money, and Malaysia does not really need them at the moment, considering the high debt burden left by the country’s previous government.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas