Saudi Arabia’s SABIC Joins Race to Supply China With Plastic
Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC) has become the third international petrochemicals giant to announce plans to build a major complex in southern China in the last two months as the industry prepares for a boom in China’s demand for plastic.
SABIC has signed an agreement with the Fujian government to build a petrochemical complex in the southeastern Chinese province, according to an announcement on the company’s website. A location and time frame are not yet known.
- 1Opinion: Sacrificing Half the World’s People Undercuts ‘The Wandering Earth’s’ Humanistic Message
- 2Two Large Chinese Borrowers Are Said to Miss Bond Payments
- 3China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 4Holiday Spending Bodes Poorly for China’s Economy This Year
- 5Indebted Chinese Investment Firm Turns to Thai Conglomerate for New Co-Chairman
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas