Fridge Giant Haier Powers Into German Stock Market
Leading home-appliance maker Qingdao Haier Co. Ltd. has submitted a plan to become the first Chinese firm to issue shares for trading in Germany next week, under a new program aimed at boosting global investors’ access to China-listed companies.
Haier, one of China’s most successful global success stories, will issue 400 million D-shares starting around Oct. 15, pending regulatory approval, the company said in a statement to China Europe International Exchange AG (CEINEX), which is sponsoring the program. It did not give a size of the funds it hoped to raise, but other media reported the amount would be nearly $1 billion.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas