Foreign Businesses Hope Xi Will Unveil More Market Access Plans at Import Expo
Foreign companies and business groups will be parsing every word of President Xi Jinping’s speech at a high-profile trade fair on Monday for hints about whether China will take to further steps to liberalize its markets.
The week-long fair in Shanghai, called the China International Import Expo (CIIE), arrives with political overtones, as it was Xi who first announced it at the Belt and Road forum a year ago. Since then, it has been billed as a “key approach to show China’s firm support for free trade, economic globalization and market liberalization,” according to public notices from the Ministry of Commerce.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas