New Economy Index Slips in October
High-value-added industries like information technology (IT) and financial services contributed less to China’s overall economy in October as capital inputs decreased, according to a private index released on Friday.
The Mastercard Caixin BBD New Economy Index (NEI) fell to 29.8 in October from September’s 31.3. The reading indicates that “new economy” industries accounted for 29.8% of overall economic input activities. The NEI measures labor, capital and technology inputs in 10 emerging industries relative to those used by all industries.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas