China to Launch Nasdaq-Style Board in Shanghai
China will launch a high-tech stock board in Shanghai and experiment with a registration-based initial public offering system, Chinese President Xi Jinping said Monday at the opening of the China International Import Expo in Shanghai.
The announcement of the “technology innovation board,” to be established by the Shanghai Stock Exchange, is seen as a move by the government to boost business confidence amid slowing economic growth and mounting U.S. tariffs. The new trading venue could be modeled on the wildly successful Nasdaq Stock Market in the U.S., whose listings include Amazon, Apple, and Microsoft.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas