Xiaomi’s China Comeback Runs Out of Juice
Smartphone-maker Xiaomi Corp.’s comeback in its home market came to an end in the third quarter, as the globally minded company posted its first sales decline in more than a year amid stiff competition.
Apple Inc. and Oppo also posted sales declines during the quarter in China, which recorded an overall 10.2% drop in shipments for the three months through October, according to new data from IDC. The only major players to post growth during that time were Huawei, which consolidated its spot as the nation’s biggest player, and Vivo, which overtook Oppo for the No. 2 spot.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas