Panel-Maker BOE Ramps Up Move Into Health Care With New Campus
BOE Technology Group Co. Ltd. is moving deeper into the medical sector, with plans to spend at least 13.6 billion yuan ($2 billion) to build a health care campus in Beijing.
Located in the Beijing suburb of Fangshan, the campus will span 700 acres and is slated for first-phase operations in 2022, according to a company filing (link in Chinese) to the Shenzhen Stock Exchange on Thursday.
The project will consist of new facilities for research and development, medical teaching, hospitals and a collaboration center with global partners.
BOE expects to bring in annual revenue of 47.3 billion yuan from the campus by 2031, it said, compared to 1.7 billion yuan when it begins operations in 2022.
The display-maker stressed the growing importance the sector is playing in its business strategy.
“China’s health care industry has tremendous potential,” BOE said in the filing. “This sector is going to lead economic development and social progress across the world.”
The company announced its ambition to move into health care in 2013, amid an increasingly competitive landscape in the panel industry, where a supply glut has dragged down profitability.
BOE launched a series of aggressive moves in the sector in 2015. It spent 250 million yuan buying a Beijing hospital, at the same time partnering with U.S. medical services group Dignity Health, which offered BOE know-how in running medical facilities.
BOE signed a deal with tech giant IBM the same year to develop big-data computing for health care management, and ploughed 3.2 billion yuan into building a “smart hospital” in East China’s Anhui province.
The panel-maker last year invested $50 million in Israeli medical equipment-maker Cnoga Medical Ltd. for a 24% stake, paving the way for its expansion into medical hardware production.
Contact reporter Jason Tan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Apr 19 23:01
Apr 19 18:07
Apr 19 17:18
Apr 19 15:49
Apr 19 14:47
Apr 19 12:01
Apr 19 11:31
Apr 19 02:45
Apr 18 17:03
Apr 18 12:54
Apr 18 10:19
Apr 18 03:26
Apr 18 02:59
Apr 18 02:21
Apr 18 02:32
- 1MSCI Postpones China Index Transition for Nearly Six Months
- 2Incident in Shandong Pharmaceutical Plant Kills 10
- 3JD Logistics Might Go Bust in Two Years if Losses Continue, Founder Says
- 4Jack Ma and Richard Liu Voice Support for Intense ‘996’ Work Culture – and People Are Not Happy About It
- 5‘Avengers: Endgame’ Has Made 400 Million Yuan in China – And It’s Not Even Out Yet
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas