Meituan Cleared to Issue $722 Million of Asset-Backed Securities
Another Chinese internet company is issuing securities backed by small business loans in the face of a regulatory crackdown on online microlenders’ fundraising.
Meituan Dianping, an online food delivery-to-ticketing services platform that recently went public in Hong Kong, said Wednesday that the Shenzhen Stock Exchange cleared its plan to issue 5 billion yuan ($722 million) of asset-backed securities (ABS).
- 1In Depth: Tesla Charges Into China
- 2China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 3Update: China’s New Credit Growth Hits Record High
- 4 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 5China Suspends Registration of Direct Selling Firms
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas