Insurer Allianz Gets Green Light for Wholly Owned China Operation
* Move comes just three weeks after President Xi Jinping’s reiterated pledge to broaden market access for foreign players
* Allianz CEO Oliver Bäte didn’t say how setting up the holding company might affect the shareholding structure of its existing joint venture with Citic Trust Co. Ltd.
(Beijing) — German insurer Allianz Group will be allowed to start China’s first wholly foreign-owned insurance holding company in Shanghai next year, suggesting regulators could deliver more quickly than expected on their promise to open up the country’s financial services sector.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas