Google Faces Major Backlash to Controversial China Return Plan
Internet giant Google LLC has come under one of the biggest assaults to date over its controversial plan to return to China with a filtered search engine, facing calls to reconsider the move from a campaign led by its own employees and a major rights group.
Amnesty International and an employee group both posted petitions on Tuesday calling on Google to change course, following reports that first appeared in August disclosing the China return plan code-named Dragonfly. The move immediately generated controversy because Beijing requires all internet sites in the country to police themselves and remove any sensitive content.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas