Ant Financial Renames Health Insurance-Like Product After Regulator Says It’s Not Insurance
Ant Financial has taken over control of a popular health insurance-like product that it launched with a partner last month after regulators took issue with calling it “insurance,” the fintech company said.
The setback for Ant Financial marks the latest sign that Chinese regulators are stepping up scrutiny on the tech industry’s freewheeling expansion into finance.
- 1Renowned Stanford Physicist Shoucheng Zhang Dies at 55
- 2Why Former Australian Leader Believes China is About to Outflank Trump on Trade
- 3China: Meng Wanzhou is a Chinese Citizen
- 4Update: Huawei CFO Arrested for Allegedly Violating U.S. Sanctions on Iran
- 5Arrested Huawei Executive Reportedly Linked to Firm That Once Tried to Sell U.S. Goods to Iran
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas