Ant Financial Renames Health Insurance-Like Product After Regulator Says It’s Not Insurance
Ant Financial has taken over control of a popular health insurance-like product that it launched with a partner last month after regulators took issue with calling it “insurance,” the fintech company said.
The setback for Ant Financial marks the latest sign that Chinese regulators are stepping up scrutiny on the tech industry’s freewheeling expansion into finance.
- 1Opinion: Sacrificing Half the World’s People Undercuts ‘The Wandering Earth’s’ Humanistic Message
- 2Two Large Chinese Borrowers Are Said to Miss Bond Payments
- 3China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 4Holiday Spending Bodes Poorly for China’s Economy This Year
- 5 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas