SMI Closes 140 Cinemas As Debts Mount
After months of speculation, a major Chinese cinema chain has been forced to come clean on debts of at least $60 million in unpaid wages and rent, and to close 140 cinemas.
The revelation by SMI Holdings Group Ltd. stoked concerns about the furious expansion of the cinema market over the past few years that has seen China become home to the largest number of screens of any nation.
- 1China’s Moon Explorer Posts Photo of Sprouting Cotton Plant
- 2Huawei Canada Exec Quits as Scandal Continues to Embroil Company
- 3Luckin Coffee Reportedly Seeks IPO in Hong Kong
- 4Bank of China to Test Waters for Perpetual Bonds
- 5Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Phone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas