Alibaba, Softbank Lead $1.1 Billion Funding Round for Indonesia's Taobao
Alibaba Group and SoftBank Vision Fund have led a $1.1 billion funding round in PT Tokopedia, Indonesia’s answer to Taobao, following the Chinese e-commerce giant’s first investment in Tokopedia last year.
The latest round is set to help Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. up its stake in the burgeoning e-commerce scene in Indonesia, the region’s largest economy. Alibaba already has a payment and e-commerce presence in Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia.
- 1China’s Moon Explorer Posts Photo of Sprouting Cotton Plant
- 2Huawei Canada Exec Quits as Scandal Continues to Embroil Company
- 3Luckin Coffee Reportedly Seeks IPO in Hong Kong
- 4Bank of China to Test Waters for Perpetual Bonds
- 5Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Phone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas