Transport Ministry Tightens Toll Road Rules as Losses Spiral
The Transport Ministry will prohibit provincial-level regions from building new toll roads unless the current toll roads can generate enough income from toll fees to cover debt interest and maintenance management expenditures.
The new rules were included in draft regulations (link in Chinese) published Thursday by the Ministry of Transport. The regulations aim to curb rising debt risks from local governments’ construction of toll roads caused in part by outdated rules on the size of tolls.
- 1U.S. to Formally Request Extradition of Huawei’s Meng: Globe and Mail
- 2Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Phone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 3Update: China’s Economic Growth Dips to 28-Year Low
- 4Gallery: Demolishing the ‘Great White House’
- 5In-Depth: A Winter Storm Looms for China’s Tech Sector
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas