Update: Wang Qishan Says Only Working Together Can Solve World’s Problems
(Davos, Switzerland) — China's Vice President Wang Qishan urged the world not to turn its back on globalization but to work together to address the imbalances that have stoked opposition to increasing integration and interaction in many countries.
Blaming others will not solve these problems, Wang said in a speech Wednesday at the World Economic Forum (WEF) in the Swiss resort town of Davos. Instead, governments need to deal with domestic resentment by pursuing structural reforms, maintaining growth and achieving more equality in income distribution, he said.
- 1In Depth: Tesla Charges Into China
- 2China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 3Update: China’s New Credit Growth Hits Record High
- 4 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 5China Suspends Registration of Direct Selling Firms
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas