Evergrande Buys Battery Maker, Furthering EV Push
China Evergrande Group agreed to buy a controlling stake in an automotive battery maker, increasing the property development company’s strategic bet on the electric vehicle market.
Hong Kong-listed Evergrande Health Industry Group Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Evergrande, will acquire a 58.07% stake in Shanghai CENAT New Energy for 1.06 billion yuan ($155.8 million), China’s third-largest property developer said Thursday. Shanghai CENAT produces lithium-ion batteries for vehicles.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas