New Economy Index Slips to 20-Month Low
The contribution of high value-added industries to China’s overall economic inputs dropped to a 20-month low in January, as both capital and labor inputs in the industries decreased, a private index showed Saturday.
The Mastercard Caixin BBD New Economy Index (NEI) dipped to 28.8 in January from the previous month’s 29.1, indicating that new-economy industries accounted for 28.8% of China’s overall economic input activities — the lowest reading since May 2017. The index measures labor, capital and technology inputs in 10 emerging industries relative to those in all industries.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas