TCL Electronics Holdings, the world’s third-largest TV supplier by shipments, denied a report that it has withdrawn from the North American market and claimed the absence of its products on US store shelves was due to “stronger-than-ever demand” and them flying off the shelves.
The Chinese electronics maker said in a statement Tuesday it has “no plans” to withdraw from North American markets or other markets, claiming that red hot demand in the region had led to some offline retailers temporarily running out of stock.
The statement came after South Korean media outlet Money Today reported last week that TCL-branded TVs had been removed from shelves in major U.S. stores, which was expected to benefit its South Korean rivals Samsung and LG Electronics. TCL said this was “factually wrong and untrue”.
As the pandemic cripples manufacturing activities worldwide, some analysts have suggested the TV-maker is running low on panel supplies, which has delayed regular shipments.
Read the full story here.
Contact reporter Anniek Bao (firstname.lastname@example.org) and editor Marcus Ryder (email@example.com)