Jan 21, 2022 05:16 PMOPINION
China Green Bulletin: 2021 New-Energy Vehicle Sales Top 3 Million
China tallies up more than 3 million NEV sales in 2021
2021 was a record year for sales of new-energy vehicles (NEVs) in China. According to data from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), the country produced 3.54 million NEVs, including battery-electric cars and plug-in hybrids, and sold 3.52 million of them. Both figures were up around 160% from 2020. In 2021, NEVs made up 13.4 % of the country’s entire car market.
You've accessed an article available only to subscribers
Share this article
Open WeChat and scan the QR code
Caixin Insight, the research arm of Caixin Global, is a strategic advisory helping clients assess policy risk and macroeconomics in China.
- 1Cover Story: China’s Consumers Are Flush With Cash, So Why Does the Recovery Have the Wobbles?
- 2CATL Shares Nosedive Amid Speculation on Weakened Tesla Tie
- 3In Depth: U.S. Tensions Could Sap Chinese EV-Battery Makers’ Global Ambitions
- 4In Depth: The March of Chinese Robots Into Domestic Factories
- 5In Depth: Where Are Chinese Consumers Willing to Spend?
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas