Fisher: Wisdom From the Greats to Survive China's Bear Market
“If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs ... yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it.” —Rudyard Kipling, “If—”
Self-control, patience, discipline — when I was a boy, my father drummed the lessons of Rudyard Kipling’s famous poem into my head. Today I keep a copy in my wallet — and another on my office wall, in plain view. Kipling’s ode to stoicism isn’t just great life advice. It is a blueprint for keeping cool amid the noise and emotions markets often stir. Today calls for that cool. Yes, the past 13 months have tested Chinese investors’ resolve, but brighter days will come. Here is more old wisdom — from investing greats and beyond—to help you stay level-headed through this bear market’s duration.
Ken Fisher is the founder and executive chairman of Fisher Investments, a money management firm serving large institutions and high net worth individuals globally.
- 1In Depth: How Chinese Factories Are Finding Their Way to Mexico
- 2Four Things to Know About Chinese Policy Banks’ Extra $120 Billion for Infrastructure
- 3In Depth: How SoftBank Wrestled Back Control of Arm China
- 4Chinese Tech Giants Cut Back on Office Space in Shenzhen
- 5Boeing Pain From U.S.-China Trade War Seen in Airbus Buying Bonanza
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas