China Green Bulletin: China to Build a Unified National Energy Market
You are receiving the free biweekly version of China Green Bulletin. Sign up here for our twice-a-week email to keep up to date on green, energy and ESG news out of China.
Top News Items
China to build a unified national energy market
A guideline on building a unified national market (中共中央国务院关于加快建设全国统一大市场的意见) was released by the general office of the party’s Central Committee and the State Council. Crucial for President Xi Jinping’s dual circulation economic strategy, the guideline aims to build up an efficient and unified domestic market by tackling local protectionism, optimizing factors of production, and boosting domestic consumption. According to the guideline, China will unify basic systems in terms of intellectual property rights protection, market access, fair competition and social credit. The guideline also calls for boosting regulation of unfair competition in the platform economy.
Caixin Insight, the research arm of Caixin Global, is a strategic advisory helping clients assess policy risk and macroeconomics in China.
- 1Cover Story: China’s Effort to Move Mountain of ‘Hidden Debt’ Faces Uphill Climb
- 2China’s Post-Reopening Second Covid Wave Could Peak in Late June, Expert Says
- 3In Depth: Chinese Fast Fashion Platforms Could Be Next U.S. Target
- 4Five Things to Know About Chinese Trust Firms’ Scramble to Offload Risky Assets
- 5Kunming Scrambles to Pay Off $170 Million of Financing Vehicle Debt
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas