China Green Bulletin: China to Build a Unified National Energy Market
You are receiving the free biweekly version of China Green Bulletin. Sign up here for our twice-a-week email to keep up to date on green, energy and ESG news out of China.
Top News Items
China to build a unified national energy market
A guideline on building a unified national market (中共中央国务院关于加快建设全国统一大市场的意见) was released by the general office of the party’s Central Committee and the State Council. Crucial for President Xi Jinping’s dual circulation economic strategy, the guideline aims to build up an efficient and unified domestic market by tackling local protectionism, optimizing factors of production, and boosting domestic consumption. According to the guideline, China will unify basic systems in terms of intellectual property rights protection, market access, fair competition and social credit. The guideline also calls for boosting regulation of unfair competition in the platform economy.
Caixin Insight, the research arm of Caixin Global, is a strategic advisory helping clients assess policy risk and macroeconomics in China.
- 1In Depth: How Chinese Factories Are Finding Their Way to Mexico
- 2Four Things to Know About Chinese Policy Banks’ Extra $120 Billion for Infrastructure
- 3In Depth: How SoftBank Wrestled Back Control of Arm China
- 4Chinese Tech Giants Cut Back on Office Space in Shenzhen
- 5Boeing Pain From U.S.-China Trade War Seen in Airbus Buying Bonanza
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas