China Green Bulletin: Xi Calls for More Green Infrastructure
You are receiving the free biweekly version of China Green Bulletin. Sign up here for our twice-a-week email to keep up to date on green, energy and ESG news out of China.
Top News Items
President calls for more green infrastructure
President Xi Jinping called for all-out efforts to strengthen infrastructure construction, including green projects.
He made the comments on April 26 at the 11th meeting of the Central Financial and Economic Affairs Commission, China’s top economic policy body, of which he is chair. According to a readout of the meeting, China needs to strengthen transit, energy, hydrological and other infrastructure networks. Specifically, the commission vowed to develop a distributed smart grid, build a batch of green and low-carbon energy production bases, and to improve the oil and gas pipeline network.
Caixin Insight, the research arm of Caixin Global, is a strategic advisory helping clients assess policy risk and macroeconomics in China.
- 1Cover Story: China’s Economy Appears Headed for Uneven Rebound
- 2Update: Seven Things to Know About China’s Latest IPO System Overhaul
- 3In Depth: A Metal Tycoon’s Liquidity Woes Disrupt China’s Copper Trade
- 4Opinion: How China’s Chip Industry Should Respond to the U.S.-Japan-Netherlands Alliance
- 5China Protests U.S. Downing of Chinese Unmanned Airship, Says It’s ‘Clear Overreaction’
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas