The Best Reads of the Week From Caixin
During his first visit to China, U.S. President Donald Trump and his Chinese counterpart, Xi Jinping, presided over the signing of $250 billion in business deals covering a number of industries. Among the largest deals were Chinese investors taking stakes in energy development projects in the U.S., and China’s pledge to buy 300 aircraft from Boeing Co.
KFC celebrates its 30th anniversary in China this weekend. The U.S. chicken chain became the first foreign restaurant operator to enter the China market with its opening of a massive branch at the southern edge of Tiananmen Square three decades ago. The company played a central role over subsequent years in the dining revolution that saw China shake off its socialist roots.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas