Party’s Over for China’s Financial Holding Companies
China’s powerful financial holding companies and conglomerates are set to become the next target of the country’s regulators as the government steps up efforts to control financial risks in the world’s second-largest economy.
Although details of the crackdown have yet to be officially released, the latest quarterly monetary policy report from the People’s Bank of China (PBOC) provides an insight into the controls likely to be imposed on these companies. Financial holding companies include both private players such as Ping An Insurance and Anbang Insurance Group and state-owned groups such as China Citic Group and China Everbright Group.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas