Minsheng Bank Fined Record $4 Million for Wealth Management Fraud
China’s banking regulator fined China Minsheng Bank, the country’s largest privately owned bank, for selling 1.65 billion yuan ($249 million) of fake wealth management products.
The bank was ordered to pay a fine of 27.5 million yuan ($4.16 million), the biggest fine imposed on a bank. In addition, 13 bank executives and employees were handed penalties including fines and bans from the banking industry, according to a statement released Thursday by the Beijing office of the China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC).
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas