Tsinghua Companies Buy 7% of Germany’s Dialog Semiconductor
Acquisitive semiconductor company Tsinghua Unigroup and a sister company have acquired 7% of Germany’s Dialog Semiconductor, extending their recent drive to build up a chip-making empire through domestic and overseas acquisitions.
The latest stake purchase comes as Chinese companies more broadly try to buy foreign chip-making technology under a Beijing-led initiative to build up the sector. But many of those efforts have been rebuffed by foreign governments, which worry about selling such cutting-edge companies to Chinese buyers, often with ties to Beijing.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas