What's the Cost of a Ride on the World's Longest Bridge Over Water?
Guangdong’s provincial government has released plans for toll charges to use the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau bridge, a $17 billion project linking the Pearl River Delta economic hub that involved the construction of the world’s longest bridge over water and an undersea tunnel.
The authorities have put forward two proposals that are broadly similar and a public hearing will be held later this month involving representatives from all three cities before a final decision is released next year. No official date has been released for the opening of the bridge while the whole project won’t be completed until 2020, after years of setbacks including budget overruns, delays and a corruption investigation.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas