China Clamps Down on Preferential Treatment for Bitcoin Mines
As the price of bitcoin surges to new heights, Chinese regulators are raining on bitcoin miners’ parade.
Local regulators will take action to ensure bitcoin mining companies no longer receive preferential policies for electricity prices, taxes or land use, a source close to regulators told Caixin.
Another source from the central bank-led committee in charge of internet financial risk told Caixin that localities have been told to use electricity prices, land-use policy, taxation and environmental measures to “guide” companies out of the bitcoin mining business.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas