Banking Watchdog Displaying Plenty of Bite
China’s top banking regulator launched a torrent of investigations and regulations in 2017 to try to tame the world’s biggest banking system — and the storm appears far from over.
Under its new chairman, the China Banking Regulatory Commission targeted excessive leverage, off-balance sheet banking activities, and market wrongdoing. The CBRC acted as concerns mounted over financial risks building up in the system.
- 1China’s Moon Explorer Posts Photo of Sprouting Cotton Plant
- 2Huawei Canada Exec Quits as Scandal Continues to Embroil Company
- 3Luckin Coffee Reportedly Seeks IPO in Hong Kong
- 4Bank of China to Test Waters for Perpetual Bonds
- 5Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Phone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas